Penna Linear Pendant
"On our Cerno journey, we continue to evolve as designers and craftsmen. The Penna is a celebration of us drawing and reflecting on our last ten years. This design is an embodiment of all the lessons that we have learned from designing and building thousands of lights. This fixture balances utility and sophisticated beauty well. The walnut, brass, and leatherwork in concert to compose a modern form with materials that have been used for thousands of years."
— Nick Sheridan, Designer
- Penna 40 dimensions: 40.5" x 7.7" , 2.3"
- Penna 64 dimensions: 64.5" x 7.7" x 2.3"
- Materials: solid wood, polymer, brass, leather
- Penna 40 weight: 7 lb
- Penna 64 weight: 10 lb
- Light source: integrated LED
- Penna 40 Light output - total: 15300 Lumens (source)
Penna 64 Light output - total: 2550 Lumens (source)
- Light color: 2700 K or 3500 K
- Color accuracy: 90+ CRI
- Penna 40 power usage: 21 W
Penna 64 power usage: 35 W
- Drop length field adjustable: 10" min, 8' max
- Suitable for a sloped ceiling
- Specifications subject to change
- Wood grain will vary
How it is Made
- 2700 K LED (Soft white)
- 3500 K LED (Bright/Cool white)
- 120-277 V AC input voltage, 0-10 V dimming, TRIAC and ELV dimming at 120 V AC only
- Penna 40: 40.5" x 7.7" x 2.3"
- Penna 64: 64.5" x 7.7" x 2.3"
Cerno Lead Times
5 weeks, 1-week shipping: Cerno Lighting always ships free of charge.
Now, for over a decade, Cerno has been making modern fixtures. In 2009 they saw an opportunity. Lighting design and energy efficiency had been limited by 100 years of the traditional incandescent bulb. Fixtures designed in America but manufactured overseas often had frustrating quality flaws and were limited by the inherent disconnect in their design-prototyping-manufacturing process. The innovations in incandescent and LED lighting, new technologies started bringing the potential for efficiency, quality, and beauty that had yet to be thoroughly explored or developed. So Cerno set out to design and build original fixtures right here in California.
Cerno designs and builds lighting in California with the finest craftsmanship and authentic materials. Their aesthetic is an intersection of modernism and contemporary design.