The way the walnut planes in the Muto both block and bounce light makes for a very dynamic composition of light and shadow, from any vantage point. While the pinwheel form with its repeating elements is symmetric, it appears very sculptural from any one view. The modern floating ideal is realized in the Muto. By holding each walnut element away from its neighbor, so each plane floats, the whole fixture feels weighless as if it were floating itself.
- Materials: solid wood, polymer
- Product weight: 17 lb
- Light source: integrated LED
- Light output - total: 2626 Lumens (source)
- Light output - ambient: 1376 Lumens (source)
- Light output - downlight: 1250 Lumens (source)
- Light color: 2700 K or 3500 K
- Color accuracy: 90+ CRI
- Power usage: 25 W
- Dimmable (see driver below)
- Brushed aluminum (CM-006) 8" square canopy with black mesh cables included
- See instructions for additional canopy details at cernogroup.com
- 72" drop length, field adjustable
- Suitable for a sloped ceiling
- Wood grain will vary
- Specifications subject to change
- 2700 K LED (Soft white)
- 3500 K LED (Bright/Cool white)
- 120-277 V AC input voltage, 0-10 V dimming, TRIAC and ELV dimming at 120 V AC only
- Brushed aluminum 8" square canopy with black mesh cables
- 32" X 32" X 14.5" H
5 weeks, 1-week shipping: Cerno Lighting always ships free of charge.
California-based company Cerno designs and creates modern, elegant light fixtures from authentic materials. Born in Laguna Beach in 2009, Cerno was founded by three best friends and adventurers with a passion for nature, creativity, and artistic originality. Their light fixtures are minimal and sophisticated, harmoniously marrying modern and contemporary designs. Cerno embodies the saying “where there’s a will, there’s a way,” a testament to the team’s innovation, dedication, and craftsmanship.
Because lighting design and energy efficiency have had limited growth in the past century, Cerno set out to design high-quality light fixtures that are efficient, effective, and aesthetically pleasing. To keep workflow streamlined and holistic, all light fixtures are designed, prototyped, and built in the same building. The team is fully involved in each piece from start to finish, and the company is always looking for new ways to support the local skilled workforce in California. Their creative process is constantly evolving to efficiently use the best resources while still paying homage to the craftsman who came before them. By embracing tradition and carefully choosing the right technologies, Cerno has paved the way for advanced lighting that effortlessly brightens any and every space.