The world has changed -- seemingly overnight. Most of us are spending more time at home, close to our loved ones. Some people however, our essential workers and medical professionals, have found themselves having to go out to serve us every day. While we have to reserve the medical grade personal protective equipment for these healthcare and essential workers, it is still important for all of us to cover our faces when out in public to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Our team loves working with manufacturing partners who care about the health of our communities and customers. Texas-based American Leather is no exception: they produce upholstery like sofa beds, sectionals, and recliners that we have come to love for its amazing quality, functionality, and modern design. Additionally, the company is a founding member of the Sustainable Furniture Council and has continued to promote sustainable practices in the furniture industry.
Keeping with their principles, American Leather made the decision at the end of March to switch their production from furniture to Personal Protective Equipment for healthcare workers. While regular furniture production is temporarily on pause, American Leather employees have volunteered to make face masks and gowns for local hospitals in order to ensure the safety of those putting their lives on the line. The team of volunteers is making over 10,000 face masks per day to help meet the needs of local healthcare facilities as well as federal government requests.
"As the COVID-19 pandemic extends farther across our country and the 'shelter-in-place' mandate continues to constrain most of our communities, we are confident that we will persevere."
- David Workman, Vice President of Sales
We are proud to work with companies like American Leather who put the well-being of their community and our country ahead of their profitability. Watch the video below for a message from American Leather about how they are doing their part in the fight against COVID-19.
We can all be inspired by the dedication of the American Leather team to do what we can to help our local communities. Whether it's volunteering, donating, or simply keeping ourselves and our families safe and healthy, here are a few things that we can all do to help combat the virus:
Follow the CDC Guidelines
You can read the full guidelines by clicking here. Here are the basics:
- Avoid close contact with others (practice social distancing)
- Wash your hands frequently and avoid touching your face
- Wear a face mask if you are going to be close to others, even if you aren't sick
- Cover your mouth and nose every time you cough or sneeze
- Sanitize and disinfect frequently-touched surfaces in your home
Where to buy American Leather's Masks:
Masks are available to purchase directly from American Leather here.
Donate to Those in Need
The current crisis has magnified financial and health concerns for millions of Americans. If you are able, donating to one of these organizations could mean the world to someone in your community or on the other side of the country. You can also find a charity in your local community to support during the crisis. Here are some non-profit organizations who are using donations to help in the battle against COVID-19:
- Feeding America: The largest domestic hunger-relief program serves over 200 communities around the country and is in need of donations. Feeding America established the COVD-19 Response Fund in March to help food banks keep their doors open to support the communities hit hardest by the pandemic.
- Direct Relief: With a mission to "improve the health and lives of people affected by poverty or emergencies," Direct Relief is providing healthcare facilities with PPE and critical care medications in order to keep healthcare workers safe and to support the spike of ICU patients across the country.
- HealthWell Foundation: This organization offers financial assistance to Americans who cannot afford to pay medical bills through a number of Disease Funds. Choose the disease fund of your choice when you donate, or donate to the organization as a whole.
As a small business, like many others, we too have felt the impact of COVID-19. When we temporarily closed our showroom doors, we knew it was best for our customers and our employees. We are still here for you digitally and we are beyond grateful for your online orders, phone calls, and messages of support. We are doing everything we can to provide you with an enjoyable shopping experience through our online store. We've implemented the following practices in response to the COVID-19 crisis:
- Virtual Design Consultations: Our team is here to help you through the design process via phone or video call. Click here to schedule your Virtual Design Consultation.
- Free Swatches: We know how important picking the right fabric can be when creating a custom upholstery piece. We want you to be able to explore all of your options from home, so we've decided to waive our fee for all swatch orders. See our entire selection of swatches by clicking here.
- Free Contactless Delivery: You are now able to choose Curbside Delivery at checkout for no additional charge. Our team will contact you as soon as your order has arrived while maintaining a safe distance.
We hope you and your family stay safe and healthy! Call us at 1-877-99URBAN or e-mail us at email@example.com if you would like to talk with an expert about your design goals or need assistance placing an order.